Welcome to Janet Liberato Counselling
It takes courage to create change and contact a Counsellor
I understand the courage involved in getting to this stage. All information is treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the requirements of my Governing Bodies.
Areas of counselling I deal with
• Affairs and betrayals
• Attachment disorder
• Carer support
• Infant Loss
• Emotional abuse
• Family issues
• Feeling sad
• Generalised anxiety disorder
• Low self-confidence
• Low self-esteem
• Passive aggressive behaviour
• Physical abuse
• Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
• Pregnancy and birth
• Relationship issues
• Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
• Separation and divorce
• Sexual abuse
• Suicidal thoughts
• Work-related stress
My history, which led me into counselling, involved working in a professional capacity with Barnardo’s & Women’s Aid. Within these roles I supported individuals, parents and families requiring specialist support. Working with people all of my adult life has given me the opportunity to see the impact on lives (even generations) when no supportive professional psychological support is available.
We all benefit from the opportunity to talk freely and honestly without judgement. Making change in our lives is possible, we first need to know what we want, then explore the steps to get there.
I offer a supportive environment to a diverse range of individuals of varying gender, sexual orientation and cultural heritage.
I look forward to working with you.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and Professional Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society. I abide by the professional ethical framework for good practice and offer a professional experience of therapy.
Training & Qualifications
- Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad Prof Dip PC – Distinction)
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Dip PC)
- Accredited Infant Loss Counsellor
- MSc Psychology (in progress)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills (Dip Hip)
- BA (Hons) Social Policy
- Continuous Professional Development Certificates:
- Working with Bereaved Clients
- Working with Addiction – underlying causes
- Working with Young People with Anxiety and OCD
- Transactional Analysis
- Working with Young People with Anxiety & OCD
- Psychosexual Training
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
In addition to Private Practice, I work in a BACP Accredited organisation providing support to adults. I am fully insured and have an up to date DBS Certificate.
The Grange Centre,
24 Barkham Ride,
Free parking is available, and I am within walking distance of local bus services.
Sessions are held in a warm and comfortable environment.
Individual session £45
Telephone sessions are available.
All sessions are 50 minutes.