Welcome to Janet Liberato Counselling & Psychotherapy
The hardest part of counselling is making the first call
I understand the courage involved in getting to this stage. All information is treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the requirements of my Governing Bodies.
Areas of counselling I deal with
• Affairs and betrayals
• Attachment disorder
• Carer support
• Infant Loss
• Domestic violence
• Emotional abuse
• Family issues
• Feeling sad
• Generalised anxiety disorder
• Low self-confidence
• Low self-esteem
• Passive aggressive behaviour
• Physical abuse
• Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
• Postnatal depression
• Pregnancy and birth
• Relationship issues
• Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
• Separation and divorce
• Sexual abuse
• Suicidal thoughts
• Work-related stress
Prior to training as a counsellor, I spent many years working in the community with individuals, parents and families requiring support. Working with charities such as Barnardo’s and Women’s Aid has given me good insight into how challenging situations can escalate to crisis when there is no professional psychological support available. My experience working in various roles with people in the community means I that I can offer a supportive environment to a diverse range of individuals of varying gender, sexual orientation and cultural heritage.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and Professional Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society. I abide by the professional ethical framework for good practice and offer a professional experience of therapy.
Training & Qualifications
- Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad Prof Dip PC – Distinction)
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Dip PC)
- Accredited Infant Loss Counsellor
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills (Dip Hip)
- BA (Hons) Social Policy
- Continuous Professional Development Certificates:
- Working with Bereaved Clients
- Working with Addiction – underlying causes
- Working with Young People with Anxiety and OCD
- Transactional Analysis
- Working with Young People with Anxiety & OCD
- Psychosexual Training
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
In addition to Private Practice, I work in a BACP Accredited organisation providing support to adults. I am fully insured and have an up to date DBS Certificate.
The Grange Centre,
24 Barkham Ride,
Free parking is available, and I am within walking distance of local bus services.
Sessions are held in a warm and comfortable environment.
Individual session £45
Couple Counselling £60
Telephone sessions are available.
All sessions are 50 minutes.
I offer a discounted fee for students and concessionary rates are available.